Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A little more on that "gwt.xml module"

I've been all morning trying to get rid of that pop-up in Blogger on my Win-7 and I couldn't get rid of it, even using that Tweaking.com Windows Repair that I mentioned previously.

I did, however, find a couple of websites that throw more light on the problem. It seems that the problem is being caused by a conflict between Blogger.com and recent changes made by Microsoft to Internet Explorer, specifically I.E.11.
Until those are resolved by Blogger's engineering people, there will be that pop-up, and some people can't access their blogs while all this goes on.

I tried several different tricks this morning to work around that, but none were successful, so all I can say for now is that this is going to be a problem until the Google people get their stuff working peacefully with other browsers.

That Tweaking program mentioned will fix it for Windows 8 using I.E.11, but that doesn't seem to work in Windows 7, unfortunately. Someone suggested using I.E.'s "Compatibility View" and adding "blogger.com" (without quotes) to its list, but I tried that, and it didn't work for me in Windows 7. I didn't need that for Windows 8, because the Tweaking.com program fixed that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment