Monday, January 20, 2014

Fun with PC-BSD 9.2


This is what its 'Command Prompt' looks like, once you get it working on an upgrade downloading. I've been trying for a couple of days to get this going, and today found out what was wrong. It was an outdated Package Manager,
which wouldn't fetch the new upgrades, because it didn't recognize them.


So it was onto the web, to find the code to correct all that, and once I did, then for an hour or so, over 850 files and folders and programs got updated....


...until it finally finished, and I could type 'exit' at the prompt, and get on with rebooting it, and on with my life. But it's a great learning experience, and I am
enjoying it. I was getting bored with Windows, so this is a nice change. And you know what they say: 'A change is as good as a rest.'

No comments:

Post a Comment