Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tokyo at night....


This is also taken from the Mori Tower, looking toward their version of the Eiffel Tower, which is better looking than the original, and a lot newer. This picture on a 30-inch flat screen TV used as my monitor is really busy. And I'm getting more familiar with the Gimp image editing program. It has a lot of features that my older editing program doesn't, so there's a bit of a 'learning curve'.

The Drawing module in Open Office can also edit pictures, but for some unknown reason, the measuring scale is in inches and millimeters, not pixels. So that eliminates that one for sure. Gimp, on the other hand, has all the right stuff, and it can quickly scale an image up or down, either keeping its original proportions, or not, as you choose. One off-putting thing about it though is that it files things in its own format that I've never heard of, and you probably haven't either, so the trick is to 'export' the image during which you can choose its file extension, such as jpeg or png or whatever, and then it gets saved in the format you really wanted, instead of 'brand x'. ( That learning curve I mentioned...)

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic shot...How do you know the Eifel Tower in Tokyo is better than the one in France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I misspelt Eiffel...sorry...I then looked up an answer to my question (Which tower is better?)and found this article...http://holiday-in-tokyo.blogspot.com/2011/02/tokyo-tower-versus-eiffel-tower-our.html

    ReplyDelete