Tuesday, February 18, 2014

In the news -


Elsewhere in the news, there's a report of an 11-year-old boy having been tasered by the RCMP while they were trying to apprehend him after he had escaped from a group home. Have you ever seen the inside of a group home?

It's nice that the eggheads have found a convenient marker for depression in young boys, but perhaps a more obvious one might be to simply look them over for evidence of physical abuse. Sometimes, depression is the result of simply trying to stay alive in a world of hostile adults who insist on acting like sadistic brutes, because they can. And how would I know, you ask?

When I was a teen of about 13 or maybe 14, the back of my head would have fit perfectly into the patched-over holes in the drywall of our back kitchen - and
the furnishings in that kitchen were re-arranged to hide the patches in the wall.
To find them, you'd have to move the stove, and look behind it. I don't think I need any lectures from a shrink on the subject of depression. For most of my formative years, my personal fantasy was to be able to kill the bastard that was doing that to me. Fortunately for him, common sense prevailed, and he died of natural causes completely without my interference. Depression is often spelled 'abuse'. And there's a cure for that.  Several, in fact, depending on where you'd like to spend your future, and with whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment