Thursday, February 27, 2014

Royal Bank of Canada - Royal *%$#-up!

In a previous blog, I was tooting my own horn for having already filed my income taxes, and received my refund  six working days later. Now, today in the mail, I get another T4A slip from RBC Investor Services, the Royal Bank's department which oversees my BC Hydro Pension. They sent out the regular T4A for the pension itself three weeks or so ago, and because I had the other slips I required from the federal pensions people, I went ahead and filed the return.  Now, another T4A, more income needing to be entered, and a first-rate F-up!

Our Canada Revenue Agency people are working late these days, because it's their 'busy season' so I phoned them tonight to ask what to do. They said they will send me a Security Code to use with my log-in, and when it arrives, to call them back, and they will help me fix this up over the internet, and I won't have to submit another return to correct the error. 

I worked at their District Taxation Office on Security  for a few months after I retired from BC Hydro, so I know what those folks have to deal with, and it isn't a whole lot of fun. They are quite helpful though if you give them half a chance,
and not enough of their customers are inclined to do that I discovered. So if I have any problems, I make sure everyone is cool while we figure it out. I wish one of them could have a little chat with those slack-assed turkeys at the Royal Bank's Investor Services about getting those T4As out faster. When you're retired and it's past the end of the year, there's no reason why those slips couldn't be sent out smartly. Nothing's going to change while sitting on them,
except your popularity with the customers. Murphy's Law is still alive and well apparently. And the next time I want financial services, it sure as hell won't be from the Royal Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment