Sunday, April 13, 2014

e-filing your taxes....


I live in Canada, where our deadline is April 30th, and where electronic filing is even more popular. In fact, the government last year stopped sending out the individual paper forms, and if you need one, (and you probably don't) then you have to go to the nearest Postal Outlet (we don't have a lot of Post Offices now) to pick up one from a big box on the floor by the counter.

I filed my return using a program I purchased for it, and that showed me all the forms, and where to add my own information, and then it automatically completes your calculations and finishes off the process for you. I sent in my return electronically on February 15th, and I had my refund back in my bank account by the 24th, which was six working days later. Fantastic! I even wrote them a fan letter in appreciation. I think this is marvelous. This really takes the pain out of tax time, and with these preparation programs, you don't need to get someone else to do your taxes. You can easily do it yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment