Friday, May 23, 2014

Firefox 29....


Why should we have to "fix" the damned thing? The purpose of a browser is to perform certain tasks in the most user-friendly manner possible, not get caught up in an endless round of one-upsmanship with its competition until all of them look and act like clones of the other. If that's what we wanted, we'd simply use the other one. Nobody needs three different browsers that really aren't that different at all.

I was first attracted to Firefox years ago, because it was different and it worked. Now, it's not that different, and it doesn't work as well nor as conveniently as it did. If I really wanted a Google Chrome or an Internet Explorer, I'd be using it and I wouldn't be wasting my time being frustrated by just another also-ran.
Firefox, you used to be great - now, you're just a pain in the ass!

And why, after all these years, does Internet Explorer decide to close and then re-open again in the midst of my composing this blog? Hasn't Microsoft had time to get the bugs all out of it yet? How long does it take? Or, as with Mozilla's Firefox, is this a lifetime 'make work' project where the users are just the crash test dummies in the war with the competition? That's my Question Everything for this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment