Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lugubriously Speaking.....


There are five panels to this News Bento dirge, but I couldn't bear to finish it, because I hate to see a grown man cry - especially if it's me. This is not a happy story with which to start the first day of the rest of your life....

However, in the Question Everything department, I have some of those:-

1.) When did proofreaders become extinct?

2.) When did Editors stop coming down from the hills after the battle to shoot      the wounded? 

3.) How many of you college-graduate crybabies think a spell-checker can            correct your mistakes in grammar and syntax or replace missing words? 

4.) How many of you have read Patricia T. O'Conner's Words Fail Me?
Inside its jacket, the book says in part: 'A writing guide that not only works but makes you laugh? Patricia T. O'Conner is at it again. In a fitting sequel to the beloved Woe Is I, she's come up with the most painless and practical writing book ever written......And not a minute too soon. Thanks to our laptops and our PCs, we live in the writing-est of times. Never have so many written so much - and so badly. Our words fail us. They don't do justice to our ideas..... (There's more, but please get Patricia's book yourself - I'm not lending you my copy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment