Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pardon me for saying so, but.....


Pardon me for saying so, but speaking as an old fart among seven billion on a planet designed for maybe three or three-and-a-half billion, I don't think finding Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon's mythical 'Fountain of Youth' is the right answer to our most critical survival problems. 

I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect that there's a good reason why we get old and decrepit and eventually die. It probably has something to do with the fact that we aren't yet emotionally or psychologically ready for eternal life, in case we ever will be. It's just a guess, but I think God made us because He was getting lonely and bored, not because He wanted competition. Let's try to remember our parts in this whole production, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment