Sunday, May 25, 2014

Three O'Clock in the Morning....


Once again, it's three o'clock in the morning, and I'm making the visit to the smallest room in the place, just because....

Just finished watching the movie 'Sweet November' - the 2001 version, not the original from 1968 - starring Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron. VideoHound's Golden Movie Retriever only gave it one and a half bones, and didn't treat it very nicely at all in its review, but I'm a hopeless romantic, and I loved it.  Liam Aiken as the little neighbor boy, Abner, was a real charmer, and the ending where Charlize and Keanu part, at her request, so that he won't see her last days of suffering from her cancer, was really touching. I wanted to cry.

It's another Sunday morning, and in the news, I see that the Pope has invited Middle East leaders to visit the Vatican. I wonder if they will accept. There's always been too much rivalry between the various religions, I think. My views on all that have changed a lot since I was first converted to Catholicism back in the mid 1950s. I wonder about many things. One being whether or not these church leaders really know any more about God than you or I do. I tend to doubt they do, because I suspect they are more oriented toward the leadership and administrative side of their religion - putting butts in the seats, as they say.
And I don't think God cares where our butts are, as long as our hearts belong to God. It's not some kind of brand-name popularity contest, but too many people get all hung up on that aspect of it, and miss the main object of the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment