Saturday, June 28, 2014

NASA (Continued in Win-8)


This is the Windows 8 USA Today App's full-screen version of that image that I took from their regular website, which was only about 500 by 400 or so, so this
is a bit better quality..... and this thing is now flying, and here's the plan:-



And now I'm going to switch back to PC-BSD 10 and continue playing with that.
They've added some new stuff into it, and some of that has to be properly configured so that the system can assimilate it correctly, and I've done that already, but I want to make sure I haven't missed anything. This may very well be the future of operating systems. Give us the system free or 'by donation' but sell us the hardware that runs it. Upgrade the software quarterly (as this is now) and then we only need to replace our hardware when increased demands of the software would require it for continuing good performance. This wouldn't entirely eliminate 'engineered obsolescence' but it would probably slow it down and make a lot of us happier. That's my theory, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment