Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Let's talk 'Malwarebytes Premium'...

The 'Premium' means you pay an annual subscription fee, and when I try to get it to run as it normally does and normally should, I don't appreciate seeing a pop-up informing of a "Runtime Error at blah-blah, External Exception EO6D7363" - the cure for which seems to come down to removing Malwarebytes from your Control Panel -> Programs and Features, and then downloading and running their "MBAM-Clean" which is a special cleaner program that removes all the hidden vestiges of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from your computer. And then following that, you need to begin to re-install and re-activate your licensed version of the program. Time required: about an hour, give or take.

All of that is a distinctly annoying and time-consuming procedure for something about which they make strident and in-your-face claims of its magnificence and protectiveness against nefarious and evil malware intent on sabotaging your system. About that: the only program recently coming close to "sabotaging my system" has been this goddamned Malwarebytes, for which I paid good money, not realizing I was buying a definite pain in the ass! There - I've said it, and I'm glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment