Monday, August 11, 2014

Still restoring Windows 8 programs...


I think all this restoring Windows 8 has got to me. I'm beginning to lose it....

I was three hours today trying to get the last 44 security updates to download and then install into Windows 8. They'd download not too badly, but when it came to installing, they'd say they were, but nothing was happening. I finally got them started by going into the list, and removing all the check-marks except for the first one, and then selecting that to download. After that, a few more would stagger into the files, before it quit again. This happened about three times before I finally coaxed all of them to install. By then, I was ready to take a hammer to this thing and reduce it to tiny twisted pieces that I could fit into a box full of rocks and horseshit, to ship back to Mighty Microsoft with my very best compliments and a detailed set of instructions on what to do with it.

I went to all this trouble to re-install this operating system to correct its problems, not create even more of them while losing all my own programs in the process. And Microsoft wonders why the unwashed masses are not breaking down their doors to get their hands on more of their product. I think there's a clue here someplace, if they read this very carefully and try to empathize with its writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment