Saturday, August 30, 2014

To Facebook or not to Facebook, that is the question...


I prefer blogging, because there's something about the rattle of keys and the mumbling of muttered curses when mistakes are made that tend to stimulate my creative instincts and get juices flowing to my babbling mechanisms.... but I have relatives.

Relatives from whom I've been estranged for decades, and it happens a couple are genealogically inclined, and determined to add more scalps and mugshots to the charts and graphs and branches on Ye Olde Family Tree, and being otherwise very nice and charming souls, I acceded to their request to join Facebook, to facilitate communication with others.

It's a terrible, tangled web out there! Engrossed in fascinating preferences of others associated with mutual friends, I've just ended up reading French poetry by Charles Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal....


And I hasten to add, this may not be for everyone, because it relates to the sensual and erotic themes. So how did I get into that, you ask? Blame it on a possibly topless picture of an intriguing-looking 'friend' of Pascal's - my old blogging buddy in Lebanon. She said she was reading Les Fleurs du Mal, so I thought 'maybe I'd better check out this pot-boiler for myself...' and that's how
I got into erotic French poetry from the 1850s. I blame it all on Facebook!  And
now, back to Les Fleurs du Mal... bonsoir, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment