Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Microsoft Research: Image Composite Editor: Perfect !


You just can't find a better panorama-maker than this Image Composite Editor from Microsoft Research, and I mean anywhere in this half of the Galaxy!

This pano above (click it to enlarge) was made from nine old images, and I do mean old, from August, 1989, in rather bad shape. There were so many blips, bloops, and bleeps, and blobs of dust and age spots in them, I thought it would be impossible for any program to put all this together into a viewable panorama.
Image Composite Editor did it!

When this series of pictures was taken, the Internet was a telephone and a fax machine, and making a panorama from several images meant fiddling, diddling, dragging, cussing, and positioning them into a half-assed coherent whole. So I naturally waited for technology to come to my rescue, and it did - big time!
Thank You, Microsoft Research! You're wonderful, and I have to say so, right here in front of God and Everybody! Get your download of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment