Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Stop the World, I want to get off..."


I was going to call this "The Ostrich Syndrome" but an Ostrich really doesn't stick its head in the sand. It only appears that way because it is sticking its head into its nest hole, to turn its eggs regularly.

But here we have a classic example of today's technology isolating us from real human contact with each other. Which isn't always a bad thing, considering there's over seven billions of us already, and no signs of any mass enlightenment about overproduction of the species. The average human having an I.Q. about three times his shoe size, that particular realization won't likely hit home until homo sapiens finds himself being trampled in the lineup for the bowls of mush being handed out to the starving masses by the last descendants of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

Today, I'm going to the Dollar Store, hopefully to find myself a nice squeaky Rubber Ducky, and then I'm going to bring it home, run a nice hot bath, and
play with my Rubber Duck until I turn into a veritable prune, and the world at large can go take a Flying Friending off a short pier into the deep end of the harbor, for all I care! Old 'Uncle Albert' was right:"The commonest element in the Universe isn't Hydrogen, but rather Stupidity!" So stay where you're at until I come where you're to.

2 comments:

  1. And those figures are spelled with a capital "B". All for a stupid game.

    Guess they're run out of real things to sell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite homespun philosopher is Will Rogers, and he offered us a lot of real wisdom.

    For example:- "It's not the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we do know that ain't so!"

    ReplyDelete