Saturday, September 6, 2014

Today's blogging......

Will have to wait until Microsoft finishes its promised update from my much-loved and always-used Windows 8 to their most recent Service Pack, which they choose to call "Windows 8.1" - and if it messes up the customizations I've installed on here, I'll probably find ways to bad-mouth them until Windows 9 comes along to correct this whole fiasco.....

So Mighty Microsoft, you're been warned! Be nice, or be gone! Because I can still find my way to PC-BSD and it still works perfectly! You should use some of its ideas in Windows 9 - like its quarterly free upgrades of its whole operating system, for example. And that's just one of their neat features..... 

Update: 8:33 a.m. ---



Ha-Ha! - I Win !!!

That, as we see, was a total act of futility. Computer rebooted several times, announcements said it was configuring one thing and another and your computer would be ready shortly, and all that usual hogwash, and at the end,
as I am confidently anticipating verifying that Windows 8.1 is now activated and hasn't screwed anything up on here, up comes the above two screens. So I recorded them for Posterity. The score: Microsoft - 0, Old Ray - 1..... Ha-Ha !!! 

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately, my machine came with 8.1 installed..

    Thankfully, I didn't have to go through what you just did..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, sadly, am far from alone. We are legion. Or we should maybe be at The Legion, drowning our sorrows.

    As a fellow complainer on a forum about this one said, "There's no acceptable excuse for this kind of behavior, with Microsoft having been in the business for so long. This ought to be a seamless and effortless procedure, and instead it is a total disaster."

    ReplyDelete