Monday, October 13, 2014

Today's 'Question Everything' from Mars...


This is one of the latest images from Mars, and it prompts my 'Question Everything' today, because of that light-colored circle of material just below my printed question in the image.

Did Mars have a visitor near our rover, perhaps checking it out? Is that a blast pattern from rocket exhaust? Have we tried to find out? Does 'ET' know we're there?

And who named those "Pahrump Hills" at the base of Mount Sharp? Was it Mel Brooks? And why aren't these pictures bigger? How can I find Extraterrestrials if NASA won't co-operate? And what's that bright stuff, left of center, along the bottom edge of the picture? Is it the same stuff as that circle I asked about? Does Curiosity have a Geiger Counter on board? (Probably not - it would likely pick up erroneous signals from the Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator which powers the vehicle.) - "Away Mission to Voyager: Ready to beam up!"

While reading this over for 'typos' and such, I got thinking of something my son said, during our latest round of Dysfunctional Family Remedial Therapy the other day. He said, "Everyone's moved on, Dad - everyone but you. You're stuck in the past, and becoming an old fossil, and you need to do something about it."
Maybe so, maybe not. Maybe I'm just moving in a different direction. Maybe the vital concerns of the young, horny, and desperate don't really interest me now.
Maybe I have other questions about life and its 'what, where, when, why and who'. Like where do we go from here? Do we go extinct before we get smart? Questions like that. Is the human race a great theory which failed miserably in actual practice? I could argue that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment