Sunday, November 9, 2014

A little more 'Oldest Living Blogger'.....

The other day, I chose my birthday present to myself. So what does an old bipolar like me get himself for his birthday? Something bizarre, that might inspire gasps among the ordinary dead-from-the-ass-both-ways 'normal' crowd? No, not really. Something wickedly expensive that fractures the budget for weeks to come? No, definitely not. What, then?

Would you believe? A new screen door for the doorway to the balcony? It cost me $258.13 and it was installed yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. Sanity prevails again. Sorry to disappoint all you thrill-seekers awaiting something more spectacular.

I can't speak for all old manics, of course, but in my own case, I've already tried so many bizarre and off-the-wall stunts that I'm now reduced to trying the disgustingly ordinary things in order to get my 'kicks'. Life's full of surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment