Monday, December 15, 2014

Finally, Windows 8.1 on here, and "Goodbye PC-BSD"


It isn't yet fluffed out with all its goodies, but it's up and running, and it was the ISO download that did that. I never did get it to install from the on-line download, and I tried that several times. But the problem is now solved, and that's the main thing.

And I never did get that PC-BSD to work in the right native resolution for this display. It insisted on displaying everything at 1024 by 768, instead of 1360 by 768, and that just isn't acceptable. Windows has never had those problems, ever when it was in its infancy.

3 comments:

  1. Say it isn't so.. You're giving up on PC-BSD. I thought you really loved that OS..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I thought you really loved that O/S"

    I do! I do! Just not on the PC with the Nvidia graphics card, because it doesn't display the correct screen resolution, and apparently, the only fix is to hack the system and I'm not into that.

    It still works fine on this other PC with an ATI Radeon HD 5450 card. So whoever said it works best with an Nvidia card hasn't seen mine. And mine has the very latest drivers, and 1 Gb of its own memory on the card. And that same card works fine with Windows 7, 8 and 10. So I'm baffled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear Oh Dear...Us humans are so fickle...

    ReplyDelete