Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good Morning, fellow Tech Preview Testers. A Question...

Here's my old Winamp media player, still going strong in Tech Preview...



And here I am, exploring parts of Windows Tech Preview, and finding this, about my Microphone.....



Now, I don't have a Microphone, and I don't Skype or Chat or Twitter, or Tweet, so as this image shows us, I switched this little slider to "Off".....

And it killed the Sound on my PC! I had to Reboot to get it back! And when I did, this goddamned feature says "This program is preventing you from restarting" and the "program" it refers to is my Winamp Media Player - a device that makes Windows Media Player look, feel, sound, and taste like SHIT!!!

So, fellow testers, I'm just a little curious.... Has this ever happened to you?
If it did, did you feel like kicking some numbskull right in the gonads, just to wake the bastard up and acquaint him with what time it is? 

"And what time is it, Ray?" you ask. It's time we had more people at Microsoft whose principal form of exercise IS NOT jumping to conclusions! I'll tell you when! Meanwhile, just leave my goddamned Sound alone! Get the picture??? Let me re-phrase that: "How do you spell "PC-BSD"??..." It will only take me twenty minutes to re-format this partition on which I have Tech Preview, and get it ready for my favorite Unix-derived and free operating system, which knows enough not to fuck with my system's sound! Any questions???

No comments:

Post a Comment