Monday, December 8, 2014

Learning things about Windows Tech Preview...

Yes, it can be broken, and no, you probably shouldn't! "Because Why?" ...Because it takes hours to replace all the goodies you had packed into it before the s*** hit the fan, Stupid! Any Questions?

And once again, I was wrong, and exhibiting my boundless ignorance when I said I'd "added DirectX into it". I'm here this morning, feeling stupid, to say it comes from Mother Microsoft with its DirectX-11 already installed and ready for love. So I still can't explain why the latest version of Stellarium didn't run trouble-free in it the first time around, and why "adding DirectX from Microsoft" seemed to fix it. The mysteries of computerization continue to baffle me. 



But I've got most of my pet programs re-installed again into this installed-from-the-ISO-turned-DVD copy of Build 9879, and I have yet another question for the Gurus at Redmond.... "Why don't these temporary builds have included in them the same kind of "Repair My Computer" feature as the old original Windows 7 DVDs had?" In other words, "Why can't I click on "Repair My Computer" instead of going through the whole rigmaroll of starting from scratch and baking the whole batch of brownies all over again to the "Good Morning, Judge" level once more? In other words, "How do you spell t-e-d-i-o-u-s?" (I'm an old man, Kiddies, and I'm already several years past my expiry date, as I've been told, and I don't have a lot of time to waste.) So this operation needs to be quick! - Like kissing a duck's ass without getting a mouthful of feathers! Quick! Are you getting this picture?

Speaking of 'Pictures' my ancient Arcsoft PhotoStudio 5.5 still works fine in here.
And guess what? So does its predecessor, PhotoStudio 5.0, and that's both older and actually a more nicely equipped version, with more "bells & whistles". So please don't change the ways in which Windows 10 is able to accept and run our favorite older programs. Because not everything 'new and different' is necessarily 'better'. And keeping the customers happy, ugly and unwashed though they might be, is what keeps the raggedy-assed old wolf from the door.



"P-s-s-s-s-t-t!! - Wanna see my PhotoStudio 5.0 from back in the days when men were men, and all the gals were naturally double-breasted?" Toldja it runs in Tech Preview....

No comments:

Post a Comment