Saturday, December 20, 2014

Resurrected Again: Windows 8


Once again, it's up and running - sorta - but with a lot of stuff yet to be put back into it. I had to try to "renew" it, in an attempt to get into Windows, while that PC-BSD had me locked out of the Boot Sector, but this didn't work, and I still had to find a way into using a Command Prompt, so I could use BCDEdit.exe to remove the boot entry for PC-BSD and then get into one for Windows by doing some more Command Prompt stuff. And finally, getting things back to some semblance of normal. See the fun you can have with more than one system on a computer? It's a great test of your patience, too.

My only other beef today is that Microsoft is trying too hard to give me their Windows 8.1. I have the DVD of it, and have used that to install it on both PCs, and I also have Windows 8 on each - and I don't want to convert Windows 8 into the Windows 8.1 - I want to keep both and keep them separate. So how do I tell Microsoft to quit pressuring me to update the Windows 8 in "just a little while" and "would you like to refresh it now?" NO, Damn it! I don't want to refresh it now! I can do that any time with the disk, but I don't want to. Because I have no need for two Windows 8.1 installations on the same PC.  One is plenty, thanks all the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment