Monday, December 8, 2014

So - Here's the poop on DirectX and why I need more of it...

I need more DirectX features than those which come in DirectX-11 as part of this Windows Technical Preview, because: I'm trying to get the visualizations in Winamp's media player to function correctly. For that, I need some legacy parts of DirectX, contained in the DirectX End User Runtime's DirectX SDK Updates, notably several Runtime Optional Components......









These visualizations look better in full screen, but for some reason, my regular screen-capture feature isn't grabbing them when I use Windows Key plus the Print Screen key as I normally would to grab a full-screen capture. Anyone at Microsoft reading this is welcome to jump in here, and tell us why not.... it was working in the previous incarnation of Tech Preview with this same stuff, but not today.... and I'm semi-desolated about that... I don't take easily to things that don't work today like they did last week. Is it fixable? Of course! Can I? Probably not. But I may fumble around and come up with something.....so don't start thinking about that fruit-flavored outfit down the road, Kiddies.... this one still runs more stuff from more sources in more time zones and more decades than you-know-who and I'm proving it every day. So stay tuned! The best, as we say, is yet to come! 




It's all about "reading the Directions" Kiddies - I was in such a hurry to get these on-screen, I overlooked a little symbol that offers several options, in addition to plain old "full screen". You can have "Desktop" (these) and several others.... (Am I stupid, or what?) - Anyway - got 'em working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment