Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Testing Windows: A familiar one....


This is the latest Windows Untechnical Preview! We call it Windows 7 because it came after six and before eight - a kind of "after dinner" Windows, you might say. And it's still very useful, especially if you want to overwrite Windows 10! 

I've always liked Windows 7. It's still a hell of a nice system, even if I do have two of them on the same hard-drive....at least I got that RAM-hungry Win 10 off it. Sometimes Engineered Obsolescence just plain sucks. That one sucks RAM. Nobody should need 2 Gigs of RAM just to satisfy the system when it's in its idling mode, between active tasks, let's face it, Kiddies.

2 comments:

  1. One would hope the RAM problem is resolved before they go to manufacturing.

    Ray, I see you're requiring the entry of text. Have you been receiving spam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cancelling that "Prove you aren't a robot" thing too frequently for weeks, and after one word from me, the damned thing does what it likes. And the people at Google never check this stuff to see if it works like they thought, or not. And it's too often "not".

    I know how aggravating that is, Tom, and I'm trying to get rid of it, but so far, I haven't done it.
    Nothing I try seems to have any lasting effect.

    ReplyDelete