Saturday, December 6, 2014

Windows Technical Preview and Stellarium....

You may recall I had a problem with Stellarium in Tech Preview, because upon loading, it displayed a pop-up asking to insert disk in drive 'F' (a USB port) and I had to revert to an older version to get away from that pop-up...

The 'secret' to all of this is DirectX. Once you get DirectX installed and up to date, you can download and install the latest version of Stellarium (13.1) without any problems with its loading on screen. My spies tell me DirectX is or will be included in the RTM version of Win-10, but this Preview didn't seem to have it, until I downloaded it from Microsoft and installed it manually. Now, peace has returned to the valley, and my Stellarium is working normally again. And it's an amazing program, which certainly needs the advantages of DirectX.

No comments:

Post a Comment