Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pope makes climate change 'religious mandate' for 2015 / Pope Francis, C...



                                         
Climate change is a universal problem, and a great "cause" but everybody's going to talk about it while doing essentially nothing effective until the only thing left is to accept our fate and kiss our asses 'goodbye'. Because the "haves" of the world are not willing to become the "have-nots" to save anybody.

This is definitely not your average Pope, and that's good. But before we start jousting with dragons, let's save the souls of divorced Catholics, and stop the sexual abuse scandals, and do something about the celibacy of priests and their raging hormones, by maybe considering allowing them to marry and divorce like the rest of us mere mortals. And like the little Italian Momma with nine kids said about the Pope's rules on birth control, "You no play da game, you no make-a da rules!" And Dominus Vobiscum, Your Holiness.


Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus.
Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Ámen.

Here's more about this famous prayer...

 

2 comments:

  1. Think the Pope might give you a penance for be so glib with the church's dogma? I'm not sure I used the right term here...I said a lot of "Hail Marys" in my youth...One priest suggested that I cut my shoe laces with a scissors every time I confessed a masturbation...I didn't go to confession to him anymore...My mom wanted to know why I was buying shoe laces...I had to lie...Then I had to confess my lie...And it started all over again...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we both have similar backgrounds... and I don't think His Holiness would grant me a penance for this blog entry, but if I could have one wish, it would be that somehow, he would get to read it, and understand why I did it.

    ReplyDelete