Saturday, January 17, 2015

Religion.....


Does anyone understand the purpose of religion? It's supposed to make us behave better toward each other - not worse. Read the directions!

Update - Sunday, January 18, 2015

It was wrong to kill people for drawing cartoons, but it was also wrong to insult the followers of the second-largest religion on the planet. There is a difference between freedom of speech and the freedom to be an asshole, and religion is supposed to teach us the difference. 

I am not a Muslim, I am a Catholic, but I believe we should each be free to choose the religion we wish to follow, and we must respect the other person's choice. Both Muslims and Catholics believe in one God, and we should not be fighting over our religion.

In this large apartment building where I live, many of my neighbors and friends are from the Middle East, and we all live in peace and enjoy our friendship. And if we can do this, why not everyone else? My neighbors and friends have the same hopes and dreams and concerns that I do, and we are much more alike than we are different.

1 comment:

  1. "Does anyone understand the purpose of religion? It's supposed to make us behave better toward each other - not worse."

    Lest we forget Ray.. Religion is man made...

    ReplyDelete