Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Remember those gold cursors from XP?


I've always liked the gold ones from XP, especially the mouse pointer with the shadow on one side to give it a 3D effect. I saved those on a CD, and the good news is, they still work in Windows 10. Just add their folder to the folder in C:\Windows\Cursors.


And then, to change "Normal Select" to the XP version, select that item, and then go to "Browse" down below the selection box, and navigate to the item in the file, and choose it. There's now the XP cursor in place of the original... and I've got my gold mouse pointer back. The bad news is, I don't know where you could find that on the web, and I've looked.  But you can use the same methods for installing and using other cursors that you may wish to have. Add them to the Cursors folder in C:\Windows, and then browse to them to make a selection to replace the default one.


No comments:

Post a Comment