Saturday, February 28, 2015

Weather here and there

Here....where it's colder than a mother-in-law's heart...


...and there, where they aren't singing songs like "It's a marshmallow world in the winter, when the snow comes to cover the ground...."


I shouldn't poke fun at my American neighbors 'down south' but I grew up in Northern Ontario, where we used to say we had nine months of Winter, two months of bad skiing, and one month of Summer.

Did I mention? I think the next Ice Age is getting started. So if I were you and had some money to invest, I'd put it into companies like Arctic Cat Snowmobiles, instead of ones like Lawn-Boy lawn mowers.

But this theory doesn't hold for the ski developments around here this year. It's a good thing they have artificial snow-making equipment, because there hasn't been a lot of the real thing up there in the hills this winter. And anyone who doubts the climate is changing should take another look at it.



2 comments:

  1. All that show that you seem to be missing. I think they found it in Boston...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our share last time. It's time the East had some of it... we don't want to hog it all.

    And besides - how can we interest you in winter sports like snowmobiling and skiing and boarding if you don't have the right stuff for it?

    ReplyDelete