Sunday, March 29, 2015

Everything old is (almost) new again...


Many months have passed since I last fired up the old Technics Stereo to listen to some of my collected music, and I'm pleasantly surprised to find that it is every bit as good these days as it was when I bought it, back in the mid-1980s. One thing I got with it was a set of expensive "honeycomb" solid-state speakers. These speakers deliver a very rich and full sound and they still sound wonderful. Maybe I ought to be using this more often, but lately, I've instead been using headphones on the computer to listen to YouTube music. It's getting better now that they've discovered Dolby and Equalizers. But as I was reminded today, that still isn't a substitute for a good stereo amp with turntable, CD, and Tape decks and a nice collection to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment