Monday, March 23, 2015

I get mail... about money...


This is the best kind of email to receive first thing in the morning. I even sent them a "Thank You" note. This electronic tax filing system really works. I sent in the return on March 11th, and the refund went into my bank this morning. This certainly is a wonderful improvement over years ago, when we waited months for news of it.

The next way we could improve this would be to have all our T4's and T4A's and other such forms sent directly to Canada Revenue Agency, where these could be electronically matched to our account there, and then they could do the calculating themselves, and simply tell us how much we owe or are getting back. In other words, let's completely automate it, and then they'll be able to smarten up those boobs who wait until the last minute to send out those required tax slips, and maybe talk to the ones who send you two separate but incomplete ones instead of one form with all their information on it. 

My former employer's pension plan management firm is famous for that, and yet those guys are working for one of Canada's biggest and most famous banks. If anyone ought to appreciate efficient and prompt servicing, it ought to be them you would think, but you'd be horribly mistaken.... They not only don't part with their own or your money quickly, but they don't seem to want anyone else doing that either. They keep inviting me to transfer my bank account to them from the credit union here, and I steadfastly refuse, because when I get screwed, I want a lot more kissing with it than I'd get from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment