Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A word about the new Dodge...

My salesman, Tom, at the Dodge dealership has asked how I like my new Dodge. I love it. And I'm familiar with Walter Chrysler's products. My first was a used 1946 Fargo pickup that I bought in 1951 for $500.00 from a Chevy dealer in Timmins, Ontario. My next Chrysler product was a 1951 Plymouth Hardtop. Then, I got a 1957 Plymouth Hardtop, with the V8 engine, and that one could eat Chevrolets for breakfast. It also humiliated Oldsmobiles, Buicks, and Cadillacs. The secret was to keep the ignition system in perfect condition, and to keep the oil fresh and clean. The same applies even yet. And the list went on...

More recently, I've had a 1997 Dodge Neon that I drove for 13 years, then traded for a Dodge Caliber which I had until last month, when I traded that on
this new Dodge Journey. The Journey is a grown-up version of the Caliber, with the same kind of automatic and the same peppy four-cylinder engine that is so easy on gas. The Journey has the same kinds of refinements but more refined, and larger side mirrors for better visibility, and an easier entry system for the rear lift-gate. You'll love its keyless entry system.

Both Dodge and I have come a long way since the 1950s, and we're still doing our thing together, and having fun at it. What more can you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment