Saturday, May 9, 2015

Back on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074


This is still practically naked, compared to how I usually decorate these things, but at least it's up and running, and I've got my Feedback app back in the Taskbar, in case I have something to whine about. And I do - when I tried using Microsoft's new test browser, it wouldn't post this picture, and when I switched over to its Internet Explorer browser, that didn't do it either. 

I downloaded Google's Chrome browser, and it's the one that did the job. And if anyone at Microsoft is still reading this blog, please note all this.

And now, I have to get back to fluffing up Windows 10 with all my favorite goodies. More later, Folks....

But before I rush off, I have to tell you that this version does have Cortana and I can talk to it with my microphone. If I say "Open Control Panel" it opens. And I have to say I think this is really neat! But now, I'll have to watch it when something goes wrong, so I don't cuss a blue streak at it.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I'm confused. I thought you gave up on test Windoz 10..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did, but that was a couple of builds back, and only because the version I'd downloaded wouldn't finish installing. It got to about 90% and then stalled - so it wasn't useable.

    This one didn't have that problem, and it has got better. Some things aren't in it now, but others are. There are changes to the personalization, and the themes aren't as easily configured,
    but that's survivable. They've been cleaning it up quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete