Friday, May 15, 2015

Do-it-myself 'KD'....(cleaning out the fridge!)

I had some 'KD' style pasta left over in a partial package, stored in the fridge for protection against our Pharaoh Ants, and I also have some cheese 'singles', in a generic house brand, called by them 'Pizza Mozzarella'. Arrivaderci, Roma! I'm-a Gonna Have It At Home-a!

Boiled the pasta ten minutes, strained, and while draining, used the pot to melt several (seven or eight) slices of that Mozzarella, along with a couple of big gobs of 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' and the last of my 18% Coffee Cream, stirring constantly, and when it was all nicely mixed and gooey, dumped in the drained pasta, and stirred it up. 

It's delicious! But I may have used a little too much cheese. It tastes a bit like pasta-flavored Mozzarella cheese sauce.... but it's good. And the best part is, I'm not going to have a lifetime supply of leftovers. There's just enough for one hungry-man-size serving, before I have to start the cleaning up....

No comments:

Post a Comment