Saturday, May 16, 2015

Feedback: Windows 10: "What if..."

Windows 10 and The Internet of Things.....

I'm not sure what category, if any, this fits in, so please bear with me for a moment.
 
In an article on 'Maximum PC' recently, they were hyping the photo-and-graphics editing program Gimp, and I've used it, but found it isn't all that user-friendly - at least not for me. So I did a blog post comparing it with Paint.NET, the marvelously-upgraded version of your old MS Paint program. It's intuitive, familiar, relatively uncomplicated, and yet "under the hood" it's got a zillion plugins, and as you get into all that, it really kicks ass! It's a great concept....

Windows as a Service is a great concept too. Now, if only.... if only we could make Windows more like Paint.NET....A solid background, familiar, reliable, user-friendly, affordable, rather "plain-Jane" at first glance, but "under the hood" it really kicks ass!

In other words, make Windows the host and protector for a zillion other "plug-ins" that work seamlessly with the main system, so that your Windows can be customized exactly for yourself, and mine can be set up exactly as I prefer, and both work seamlessly together, because "Mission Control" ensures perfect 'hand-shakes' between all the little bits.

Am I making any sense here? Could this be done? I think it probably could. And it probably should...

Thanks for your time, and enjoy your day!

Please Note:
This is a copy of  a 'Feedback' I sent in to Microsoft today, published here 'FYI' 

No comments:

Post a Comment