Saturday, May 23, 2015

"It's the American way, Folks..."


I've framed this picture borrowed from a Facebook entry today with patriotic colors, because I want everyone to see it. There are so many things wrong with the statements made in it, I hardly know where to start.  So let's start with a quote from Mark Twain:-

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctively native American criminal class except Congress."

Rand Paul says he is a physician. Physicians, from most recently available data, average about $230,000 yearly in the USA, whereas a US Senator gets $174,000 (unless he's accepting 'donations' from people like the Koch brothers) and that's a difference of $56,000 a year in favor of the physicians. So why did Rand Paul (I almost wrote 'Rant Paul') leave medicine for politics?

Nobody goes to the doctor's house to receive treatment, unless we're talking about one of those bone-in-the-nose black-assed African fiefdoms where the local witch-doctor dispenses spells and potions in exchange for vegies and other treats of an X-rated nature. In 65 years since I left my parents home, I've never known where my doctors actually lived while they gave me expert medical care. And I had no reason to care where they lived. It was their expertise I wanted and got.

In Canada, we don't have to mortgage the farm every time we have a serious medical emergency. We get fast expert help from our hospitals, clinics and doctors anyway, because our federal government says so. Five years ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I got an expensive prostate brachytherapy procedure involving injection of 150 radioactive little pellets into my prostate during a 45-minute procedure which within its predicted time period afterward completely killed that cancer. It didn't cost me a dime out of pocket.

My old email pen-pal in Swansea, South Carolina, discovered he had prostate cancer around the same time as me. Your American medical system, because your doctors own their own clinics and equipment which they want to keep paying for itself didn't offer him the same life-saving treatment I got here, even though it is available there. They recommended frequent trips to their clinic for external radiation interspersed with periods of chemotherapy instead, and gave him a song and dance about the kind of procedure I had received here. His cancer spread to his pelvic bones and lymph nodes, and he died last month, on April 17th. That's the difference between the American and Canadian health care system, and why my old friend 'Uncle Ron' is no longer with us.

So please don't allow yourselves to be misled by two-faced lyin' bastards who are only looking after "number one" and don't give a damn for you! Make sure you keep Obamacare, and try to improve it. The top one percent down there don't need any help to stay healthy - they've got most of the money already. And they're buying politicians to brainwash you into believing pure nonsense.

Don't fall for it! Try to remember what happened to 'Uncle Ron'. He was one of the pioneers of South Carolina Educational TV, and look where he is now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment