Tuesday, May 5, 2015

News of the Weird


Maybe this depends on what you're smoking, and I'm not, so I can't do it... and in all my eighty-two-and-a-half years, I've never had a so-called 'out of body' experience. I've had a few interesting 'trips' but in them, I was still me, and still inside my original container, looking out at whatever. And sometimes, 'whatever' looked really strange. I wonder if scientists get some of their inspiration from such things? Was Old Uncle Albert a Midnight Astronaut? That just might explain why he thought he could bend space around an object with heavy gravity. 

The heavy gravity does the bending on its own. Light waves, for example, passing very close to our sun, get bent to curve around it as they continue on their way. Almost like waves of magnetism around the pole of a magnet. And the two are not all that dissimilar, but I won't do a rant on it just now....let's just say the discovery of a "Theory of Everything" is still in the future. Or, as the ancient Egyptians said in those ancient hieroglyphs "Not known are the things which the God will do." But it probably has something to do with the space/time continuum, and where we are along it. Because everything is somewhere on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment