Sunday, May 31, 2015

Windows 10: The 'Edge' Browser...


Another self-styled 'expert' weighs in on Microsoft's new 'Edge' browser, and to read the full article, please click here.

I haven't got very far figuring mine out, so I'll have to refrain from comment for now. "Why?" you ask, "You're certainly full of ....comment about everything else!" Yes, you Dear, Sweet Reader you, I am usually 'full of it', and that's why I have this blog, but there's another story here. I've got an AMD Processor, and Microsoft and AMD haven't yet come out with an updated driver set for AMD Processors working with an Edge browser, and this means it is subject to possibly frequent 'crashes', so say Microsoft. Mine hasn't crashed yet, but just to be on the safe side, I'm not using Edge as my default browser.

And speaking of browsers, may I suggest having two or possibly three of them installed? Again, "Why?" you ask. Because: while you're working in one of them, and suddenly want to go on the web for a reference or a search for something else, it's really nice to be able to simply click or tap another browser's icon and have it open for your use, without disturbing whatever you had going on that first one. Comprenez-vous, ma chère?

No comments:

Post a Comment