Thursday, June 4, 2015

Goodbye, Google Chrome!


I dumped Google Chrome. "Why?" - Because using CCleaner reveals that Chrome accumulates an Internet browsing cache of up to several hundred Mbs, and that's just plain ridiculous! Nobody wants to tie up that much of their resources for a goddamned browser. So I threw it out, and got Opera instead. And Opera is a hell of a lot more user-friendly, regardless of what Google may try to tell you. See those tiles on its window? Shortcuts to those websites! And you can create your own in a couple of clicks... Goodbye, Google Chrome. RIP.

2 comments:

  1. As you might guess Ray. This is very interesting to me. Maybe I'll take a look at Opera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tom....
    Sorry I didn't catch this sooner - been adding and subtracting things in Win-8.1 and sort of got carried away, I guess.
    Opera isn't a bad choice, really. It's not as hard on resources as Google's Chrome, because it's not caching all kinds of information about everywhere you go on it, and that's what Google seems to be doing. And the only reason I can think of for that is to learn our surfing habits, and find out what we're looking at, so maybe they can try to sell us something similar. If Google had been around 50 years ago, they'd all be in jail for invasion of privacy, and taking things that didn't belong to them and reselling them to others, I betcha. But now, that's suddenly not only OK, but is being held up to us as something to emulate. Do you ever get the feeling we're all going to hell on wheels?

    ReplyDelete