Friday, June 12, 2015

Internet Addiction!


You don't realize you're addicted to the wild and woolly web until your Modem dies, and you're left "dead in the water" so to speak....

Yesterday was the longest day of my recent life, waiting not-very-patiently for Bob at the ISP to parcel up and send me a new Modem after mine died just ten years, nine months, and fifteen days since I first went on-line, away back in the good old days, when men were men and the gals were all naturally double breasted.....

The above picture is one I took last evening, outside the big mall, on its rooftop parking area, as I finished a visit to London Drugs excellent Cameras Dept., where a nice and very knowledgeable gentleman sold me some new batteries for my old Pentax 105R zoom film-type camera, while we talked kayaking with another chap for a few minutes. Turned out, we're all experienced kayakers.

After I put the old Pentax in the car, I took out a newer Pentax X70 digital with 24x zoom, and caught this Harbour Air flight headed for Vancouver Island, and so this morning, I'm using it as a background on the old desktop.

And yes, it feels wonderful to be back on-line! I've just been saved from a fate worse than death - dying of boredom! And to Bob and his gracious wife at B.C. Supernet, my most sincere thanks for helping this old man enjoy his passion for news and gossip on the Wild Wild Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment