Monday, June 8, 2015

Life is a cautionary tale....

Sundown over Vancouver Island and Georgia Strait.

Life's not only a cautionary tale, it's a constantly evolving and sometimes scary experience. Especially as we get older, and old friends and relations get sick and pass away. A wise man once said that the only thing constant about life is change, and that's so true. 

People sometimes wonder why, at my advancing age, I'm so involved with the computer, and even involved with helping test the next issue of Windows. The answer is, it keeps me in touch with what's going on in the world, and keeps me more interested in this world than the next, so to speak. 

Looking around at the world of today, as compared to the world of my distant past, it's like I've somehow been magically transported into some kind of futuristic alternate universe. I like it for the most part, but certain aspects of it scare the hell out of me.

When much younger, I assumed that having survived all those horrendous wars we've had around the world throughout the years, mankind would grow more sensible and more peaceful as time went by. It depresses and disgusts me to find that instead of getting wiser and more peaceful, the world seems to be getting less intelligent and more confrontational as the years go by. We're evidently hell-bent on self-destruction, and it's getting closer every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment