Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Win-8.1: Temper, Temper! Out, Out, Damned Spot!

For a l-o-n-g time now, I've been able to make desktop shortcuts to Windows Temp and Prefetch, to be able to dump the trash that piles up in those, but not today. Try as I might, I couldn't get into either, because Windows said I didn't have permission. "Access Denied!"

I have three operating systems on here, or I had three until today. Now, I only have two. When I'm the only user on this PC, and I have Admin as well as User privileges, there's no damned way some son-of-a-bitchin' asshole programmer is going to be able to say "Access Denied" to me when I want into a folder that's named "Temp" and I know there's nothing in it that shouldn't be available for cleaning the hell out of there!

So I opened Easeus Partition Master, selected the drive partition for the offending Windows 8.1 and in the action column chose "Format" and wiped the son-of-a-bitch right off the drive. Fuck it! It's my computer and I paid for that piece of shit because it was supposed to be an improvement on Vasta Vista, the worst goddamned mess ever called an operating system, and I'm not accepting another that repeats its same aggravations! Before that happens, I'll go back to my favorite Unix derivative, PC-BSD, and it won't cost me a dime, either. 

If Satya really expects us to "love our Windows" then he should crack the whip at those pompous asses who love to fatten up the O/S with all that paranoid security that just pisses us off totally, and builds a lot of needless frustration into an otherwise half-decent system. And I say "half-decent" because none of the Windows 8 or 8.1 flavors works half as smoothly as good old Windows 7. Windows 7 doesn't make us jump through half the hoops these others do, because we were all so pissed off at Vista, they didn't dare! And they haven't remembered WHY we were pissed off at it - because when we wanted to do something, we didn't want to spend half an hour trying to gain access to it through some shit-faced User Accounts Control or Group Permissions. And if Microsoft can't fix that, or won't fix that, they're going to become roadkill on the digital freeways. 

We have third party security programs that are rated better than anything Microsoft has been able to provide to date, and we don't need a clutter of internal "Access Denied" horseshit blocking our path to getting something done. So get it the hell out of there!! You want Suggestions? Feedback? Tattoo this on your forehead, or your pimply ass or anywhere you can see it every time you sit down at your goddamned desk to mess up another program!

And don't tell me that if I want to avoid those asshole prompts about upgrades to Windows 8.1 to just do a search in my installed updates for KB2885699 and remove it, and all will be well! Bullshit! I did that, and within 15 minutes the goddamned prompt was blocking my view again. Is Microsoft purposely trying to chase away customers? They're doing a damned good job of it lately. Why? Because they can't remember who buys this shit and why. I used to do things faster and easier than this on a word processor and a fax machine, because I didn't have to kiss Microsoft's ass for half an hour before I could get started! And some lame-brain in Seattle or Bunga-Bunga thinks this is Progress! Hah!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Ray, there you go again holding back on your opinion...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my reticence is atrocious!

    Enjoy your day, Tom :>)

    ReplyDelete