Friday, July 3, 2015

More Win-10: News and views...

First, the news.....................


And then, a couple of views; specifically, the Start Window or Start Page. You can change it if you wish, in Settings > Personalization > Start ......



By sliding the little round button from one end to another on those oval boxes, you can select how you want it. That third one down selects for Full Screen of the Start page menu.

And please note the orange text below the lowest button, inviting you to choose your folders to appear as tiles on that Start page. There's a list......


And you "scroll" up or down on this list by dragging it with your mouse (or your finger maybe - I don't have touch! - yet.) Again, same deal with the buttons.

And here's your two different Start windows; Full, and smaller but can be dragged by the edges.... (Don't you love choices?) So you can personalize it.



And to review, the Power button is the second from the bottom in that left-hand row, just above the Windows button (Start button) at the left end of the Taskbar. Clicking or tapping Power shows you a choice of Shut Down or Restart. (And my desktop icons for those are still quicker, because it saves two steps in getting something to happen for you. And if I was Microsoft, I'd accept my suggestion to steal this idea and make it part of Windows!) Or you can read my previous rant, explaining how to make your own shortcuts for these.

4 comments:

  1. Ray, my heart's all a flutter!! I'm just bustin' with excitement on Windoz 10 release...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please! Please!...
    Try to contain yourself, Old Chap!
    You're spilling my coffee!!

    .....OK, so maybe this isn't "The Second Coming"....
    But it's a pretty big deal to kid like me,
    who has been watching its birthing problems since
    last November 15th.....

    Am I too impressionable, do you suppose?
    Come on, now - You can tell me....
    Do I really need to get out more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say, I have discovered that there is life happening outside the house. Like the life of mowing the lawn, taking the trash out, putting checks with bills in out mailbox, etc. etc. Such great experiences that there are to have out there.

    Now, I ask you... do you need to get out more??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I probably do, but my next doctor's appointment
    isn't until next month, and I've still got a couple of
    days worth of groceries on hand, and the bills are paid
    for the time being, so I think I'll just stay in today...
    It's not the greatest day we've ever seen here...

    ReplyDelete