Saturday, July 18, 2015

What's wrong with Facebook?

It's not so bad, except for those who would rather argue than engage brain before opening mouth.

I have a hard time with it, because I'm an old blogger, and it takes me a while to get it together. Years ago, during my "unspinning the spin-doctors" period of faxing "Dear Editor" every morning before breakfast, I got good at boiling things down to very tersely-worded and sharply-pointed and not always "politically correct" comments which she loved, and often used as ideas for future articles, but some of that was intentionally too abrasive for friendly discourse, and I've tried more recently to get away from that.

But apparently, there are those on Facebook who seem to be there primarily to engage in an "I'm smarter than you are!" exchange, wherein they unwittingly expose more of their ignorance than intelligence, and I have to really work at resisting the urge to demolish those poor bastards with a very few well-chosen words that I would hope they can read without moving their lips or taking three more night school courses.

I should probably stick to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment