Thursday, July 2, 2015

Windows 10 = Build 10162


Everyone is getting better at this. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

How do I like it? Better and better. Windows 10 isn't like your old Windows. You don't have to re-configure a whole lot of your stuff after an upgrade like this, because Windows remembers how you had it and does its very best to put everything back exactly the way you like it. And I absolutely love that!

Another thing that really impresses me is that Microsoft has actually listened to some of us persistent old whiners, and made this new Windows capable of running some of your favorite older programs from away back in the "good old days" when men were men, and all the gals were naturally double-breasted, and we were all using Wonderful Windows XP and its Powertoys. Remember those? Well, back then I bought a photo-editing program called PhotoStudio from Arcsoft, and I love it, because not only am I used to it, but it also provides a necessary function for using my Canon flatbed scanner - and it still works fine in Windows 10, and I'm really happy about that. Thank You, Microsoft!

And those XP Powertoys? One of them has survived, albeit in revised form, and that's the Image Resizer for Windows. You can find it here! And you should. And now, I have to go and explore my latest new Windows....so more of this a little later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment