Monday, July 20, 2015

Windows 10: Here's how DISM.exe works....

If you've read my previous post here, then you know what DISM.exe is. So now I want to show you how it does its thing, as it confirms or restores your official system image of your installed Windows. This also works the same way in versions of Windows 8/8.1 and while I'm babbling here, please note that you can adjust the opacity of the Windows Powershell window, so that you can see whatever is behind it, while it's working. I love little goodies like this! And now, here's some screenshots for you, showing DISM in action.





When Microsoft says "This is the best Windows ever!" this is one of the many reasons why, and you're going to love how this works.

And this brings me to something that I wish Microsoft would do more publicity on - and that's all these great but hidden features built into this system, that many of us are probably unaware of, but ought to be. We owe it to ourselves to learn what's "behind the curtain" and how it can help us in times of need. And the folks at Microsoft can help, by remembering that we aren't aware of a lot of these things that they take for granted, and we'd really appreciate more instruction on these. So I'm suggesting a "User's Manual" please....

No comments:

Post a Comment