Friday, July 10, 2015

Windows 10: That new "Edge" browser.....

I spoke too soon yesterday, patting it on the back. I hadn't yet tried it for adding an entry to this blog, at which it's a total and complete DISASTER !!!
Let me show you a couple of screenshots ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>


This is the "new postings" text editor page, or I should say two-thirds of it, as it appears in the new "Edge" browser in Windows 10, Build 10166, and please keep in mind that this new operating system is less than a month from its public debut as "the best Windows ever".....


And here's how that same text-editing and composing page looks normally in Firefox or Chrome browsers. This shown is in Firefox, my still-favorite browser.

So how did this happen? It probably goes back to that expandable re-sizable "Start" page of Windows 10. Somebody got a great idea to make that the model for other window presentations, and somebody else said, "Sure! Why not? We're all probably going to be unemployed before long anyway, so who gives a shit?"
And that's how all the trouble starts, Kiddies.

Satya says he wants us to love our Windows. I do. So why am I washing the dirty laundry in public, in front of God and everybody? Because this is a major "booboo" and it has to be fixed fast, if Windows 10 is going to be a "hit" instead of another "miss" like Vasta Vista was - gawd! that was awful! And we don't want another of those!

I'm aware that there's "trouble in Paradise" at Mighty Microsoft these days, with Balmer's bungle on the phones thing, and thousands getting the boot for it, but I must point out that's not the fault of the Windows users nor the prospective ones awaiting the arrival of this much-ballyhoo'd new Windows. Maybe this was the wrong time to announce layoffs of thousands. Maybe this was the wrong time to introduce another new operating system. Maybe if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Maybe shit happens. But life has to go on. Starting right now! So let's get our act together, and fix this damned thing, shall we? Satya would certainly appreciate that, and so would I.

And before anyone gets the idea that I don't like the "Edge" browser, please let me say that I think it has a lot of potential - unrealized, as yet - but potential just the same. It's packed with a lot of new thinking, and a lot of great "eye-candy" like that video-with-sound-effects as a background on its "Bing" page. It could be a real ass-kicker if everything can be made to work with everything else. And by that, I don't mean just other Microsoft stuff. I mean with other people's stuff too, like with Google's "Blogger", and other third-party programs. Because we're all going to expect it to do that, and we're all going to be very disappointed if it doesn't. Like I am right now, as I write this. I've been testing Windows 10 now since the middle of last November, and I would have been willing to bet you we were long past the days of the kind of fuck-up I got into yesterday, trying to use Edge to do my daily blogging on "Blogger".  And I fervently hope it gets fixed, and very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment