Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mars and Facebook, and comments


I started something yesterday, while indulging in a little debunking of some obvious misinformation about Mars, one of my favorite planets. It prompted a lot of comments and I've been enjoying reading and responding to them.

Most people could benefit from doing more "homework" on that subject, and that became obvious as I read the various responses to my provocative rant. And I seem to have offended one of my readers when I said "You have to be open to the possibility that the other guy isn't full of shit before we can have a really interesting discussion." 

And I was heartened by the questions younger people asked, and the thought which went into those. Maybe Mom was right. Maybe I should have been a teacher. I love exchanging thoughts with others, and trying to get them thinking for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment