Friday, August 7, 2015

More "this and that" ...

I've been up half the night again. Looked out the north window about 3:30 a.m. and the Big Dipper was almost directly north, low in the sky. Like the ancients, I'm fascinated by all those lights in the sky. Even though I now understand them better than they did.



These are a couple of screenshots from the old original blogging site here where I first began blogging, before I switched over to Google's Blogger. That original site was lots of fun while it was still operated by the original owners, but they were merged with another outfit which promptly let our community blogging site fall by the wayside, as they quietly shed the guys who had developed it. That really choked me up, and I was one of their main contributors, who got them mentioned in USA Today once, so I said "The hell with this!" and moved onto Google's Blogger. Unfortunately, I couldn't move my original "handle" of "Oldest Living Blogger" with me, for some unknown reason. That's how I was known on Urban Vancouver. And that's why Carla Johnson of the Associated Press in Chicago noticed us as she was researching older bloggers for an article. And the rest is history.

The Urban Vancouver website is still there, and their photo files with a lot of my old pictures in it is still accessible, but it's definitely not the "going concern" it once was. Most of us left it when it changed hands years ago, because without the original guys in the office there, it just wasn't the same at all. But it did get me started, and for that I'm grateful.

Here's pictures I salvaged from it, of a little municipal park in West Vancouver, at Horseshoe Bay, where scuba divers like to go. I took these May 29th, 2007.




 

1 comment:

  1. http://mommysfirsts.com/direct-profits-review/



    http://theposey.com/direct-profits-review/



    Binary options trading is the world's famous and the most popular trading platform that gives the investor an option to make the most out of his investment. It involves less risk than other financial options and helps the novice traders to earn maximum profit with minimum capital.

    ReplyDelete